New Jersey News
Teen shot dead in Plainfield
PLAINFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- A 17-year-old boy is dead, the victim of a shooting outside a store in Plainfield, New Jersey.
Investigators said a 17-year-old was shot shortly before 3:00 p.m. on West Front Street.
According to witnesses, he was walking out of a store when the bullets struck him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by a doctor from JFK Hospital.
Homicide detectives are still trying to figure out who did the shooting and why.
It's not known if the victim was the intended target.
The Union County Homicide Task Force and the Plainfield Police Department are investigating.
DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS TO ADD TO THIS STORY? CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD THEM TO IWITNESS.7ONLINE.COM, OR E-MAIL THEM TO IWITNESS@WABC.COM
new jersey, plainfield, crime, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 42 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
42 min ago