New Jersey News
Teen shot dead in Plainfield
PLAINFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- A 17-year-old boy is dead, the victim of a shooting outside a store in Plainfield, New Jersey.
Investigators said a 17-year-old was shot shortly before 3:00 p.m. on West Front Street.
According to witnesses, he was walking out of a store when the bullets struck him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by a doctor from JFK Hospital.
Homicide detectives are still trying to figure out who did the shooting and why.
It's not known if the victim was the intended target.
The Union County Homicide Task Force and the Plainfield Police Department are investigating.
DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS TO ADD TO THIS STORY? CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD THEM TO IWITNESS.7ONLINE.COM, OR E-MAIL THEM TO IWITNESS@WABC.COM
new jersey, plainfield, crime, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack 2 min ago
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- UPS facility fire damages packages on Long Island
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup