New Jersey News
Teen shot dead in Plainfield
PLAINFIELD, N.J. (WABC) -- A 17-year-old boy is dead, the victim of a shooting outside a store in Plainfield, New Jersey.
Investigators said a 17-year-old was shot shortly before 3:00 p.m. on West Front Street.
According to witnesses, he was walking out of a store when the bullets struck him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene by a doctor from JFK Hospital.
Homicide detectives are still trying to figure out who did the shooting and why.
It's not known if the victim was the intended target.
The Union County Homicide Task Force and the Plainfield Police Department are investigating.
DO YOU HAVE PHOTOS OR VIDEOS TO ADD TO THIS STORY? CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD THEM TO IWITNESS.7ONLINE.COM, OR E-MAIL THEM TO IWITNESS@WABC.COM
new jersey, plainfield, crime, murder, shooting, new jersey news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos