New Jersey News
Wild NJ police chase ends in crash; suspect critical
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- A police chase out of Paterson ended with a car crash on the Garden State Parkway in Irvington.
Paterson police were attempting to pull over the driver when he apparetly sped away onto the parkway's southbound lanes.
Officers pursued the vehicle into Essex County, where the driver lost control and careened into the center divider.
The car spun around and came to a rest in the highway's right lane.
The driver was taken to the hospital with critical injuries.
It was not immediately known why police wanted to pull over the vehicle.
new jersey, police chase, irvington, paterson, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 21 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 55 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97