New Jersey News
Wild NJ police chase ends in crash; suspect critical
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- A police chase out of Paterson ended with a car crash on the Garden State Parkway in Irvington.
Paterson police were attempting to pull over the driver when he apparetly sped away onto the parkway's southbound lanes.
Officers pursued the vehicle into Essex County, where the driver lost control and careened into the center divider.
The car spun around and came to a rest in the highway's right lane.
The driver was taken to the hospital with critical injuries.
It was not immediately known why police wanted to pull over the vehicle.
new jersey, police chase, irvington, paterson, new jersey news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers