New Jersey News
New Jersey neighbor sues Dr. Oz over trees
CLIFFSIDE PARK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Trees planted by Dr. Mehmet Oz are giving his New Jersey neighbor agita.
It's hard to tell from the street, but next door to Dr. Oz's house, in the backyard are three trees that are blocking the view of the Biscegile's.
The three large 30 foot cedar trees just put up by Dr. Oz is privacy for his swimming pool.
"When I woke up I saw they were putting the trees up. When I asked what he was doing, he said 'Don't worry, go back in the house, we're just planting trees'," said Hana Biscegile.
There are three up now, and two more coming. The three that are already up are enough to block the Bisceglie's view of the Empire State Building and downtown.
Hana says they asked Dr. Oz to either remove the trees or at least trim them.
The answer was no, so they have filed a lawsuit.
It's all this neighborhood can talk about.
The Bisceglie's lawsuit alleges the bamboo trees damaged his home and the cedar trees are costing him more than $500,000 in value on his house.
new jersey, legal, lawsuit, new jersey news, phil lipof
- Firefighters struggle to contain NJ forest fires
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Brush fire in Beachwood, New Jersey
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- Man brutalizes women with hammer in Astoria apartment
- Justin Bieber being held at LAX
- NYU investigating pro-Palestine 'eviction' fliers
- 9-year-old dies in fall from Bronx high-rise
- Suspect charged with throwing Molotov Cocktail into deli
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
13 min ago