New Jersey News
Rutgers student killed crossing highway
NEW BRUNSWICK -- Authorities say a pickup truck struck and killed a 21-year-old Rutgers University student from California as she tried to cross a busy highway on her bicycle.
Authorities say Chelsea Traynor of Concord had been riding the bike along George Street in New Brunswick and was trying to ride across Route 18 when she was struck just after 11 a.m. Thursday.
An autopsy performed by the Middlesex County Medical Examiner's Office found Traynor sustained blunt force injuries.
The driver of the pickup, 40-year-old Roger Hode of South River, has not been charged.
Authorities say the investigation into the accident is ongoing.
new jersey, rutgers university, new brunswick, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies 12 min ago
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 43 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 43 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines 33 min ago