New Jersey News
Apartments gutted by fire in Union City
UNION CITY, N.J. (WABC) -- Nearly three dozen people have been forced from their homes by a fire that spread through two adjacent apartment buildings in Union City.
The fire began around 4 p.m. Tuesday. Smoke from the blaze was visible across the Hudson River in Manhattan.
The fire began in the basement of one of the three-story buildings and spread to the building next door. The first building partially collapsed.
Two firefighters were treated for exhaustion. No one else was injured.
new jersey, union city, fire, evacuation, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 57 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 32 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 9 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 19 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos