New Jersey News
3 NJ women charged with selling Four Loko
MAHWAH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in northern New Jersey say they've arrested three women for selling the alcohol energy drink Four Loko to undercover officers.
Mahwah detectives posing as college students responded to an advertisement on the Craigslist website. They set up a meeting Tuesday near the Ramapo College campus to purchase three cases of Four Loko for $335.
The women, ages 20 to 23, were charged with selling an alcoholic beverage without a state license. They were released pending a municipal court hearing.
Makers of Four Loko and similar drinks combining caffeine and alcohol stopped shipping their products late last year after the Food and Drug Administration sent them warning letters saying their drinks were unsafe.
new jersey, arrest, four loko, new jersey news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 34 min ago
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area 21 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video 35 min ago
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 51 min ago
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 54 min ago
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane... 3 min ago
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
54 min ago