New Jersey News
3 NJ women charged with selling Four Loko
MAHWAH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in northern New Jersey say they've arrested three women for selling the alcohol energy drink Four Loko to undercover officers.
Mahwah detectives posing as college students responded to an advertisement on the Craigslist website. They set up a meeting Tuesday near the Ramapo College campus to purchase three cases of Four Loko for $335.
The women, ages 20 to 23, were charged with selling an alcoholic beverage without a state license. They were released pending a municipal court hearing.
Makers of Four Loko and similar drinks combining caffeine and alcohol stopped shipping their products late last year after the Food and Drug Administration sent them warning letters saying their drinks were unsafe.
new jersey, arrest, four loko, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen