New Jersey News
3 NJ women charged with selling Four Loko
MAHWAH, N.J. (WABC) -- Police in northern New Jersey say they've arrested three women for selling the alcohol energy drink Four Loko to undercover officers.
Mahwah detectives posing as college students responded to an advertisement on the Craigslist website. They set up a meeting Tuesday near the Ramapo College campus to purchase three cases of Four Loko for $335.
The women, ages 20 to 23, were charged with selling an alcoholic beverage without a state license. They were released pending a municipal court hearing.
Makers of Four Loko and similar drinks combining caffeine and alcohol stopped shipping their products late last year after the Food and Drug Administration sent them warning letters saying their drinks were unsafe.
new jersey, arrest, four loko, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor 24 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos