New Jersey News
3 charged with records tampering in NJ jail death
TRENTON -- A Trenton police officer and two police aides are accused of records tampering after an inmate was found dead in his cell at the city jail.
The Times of Trenton reports Kenneth Howard had been left unchecked for nearly seven hours. The 55-year-old was found dead in his cell at 3:30 a.m. Sunday. The Medical Examiner's Office said Howard died of liver failure. Municipal jails are required by law to conduct cell checks every 30 minutes and maintain a log. Officer Joseph Schiaretti and police aide Jose Millan have been charged with records tampering and presenting false documents. The other police aide, Richard Reyes, was charged with records tampering only. Howard was pulled over and arrested around 10:30 a.m. on Jan. 14 for outstanding warrants.
trenton, new jersey, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 41 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 17 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 14 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 17 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos