New Jersey News
Bitter cold follows snow in NJ
TRENTON -- New Jersey's ninth storm of the winter season has ended.
Now comes the bitter aftermath.
Gusty winds buffeting the Garden State are bringing Arctic cold that's expected to last into the early part of next week.
Lows in the single digits are forecast for the northwestern part of the state the next few nights. Farther south and east overnight temperatures will dip toward 10 degrees.
Motorists are being cautioned about icy spots and blowing snow after Friday's storm that left 1 to 5 inches on the ground.
Transportation Department spokesman Joe Dee said salt spreaders will remain on duty to help keep roads free of ice.
new jersey, winter, snow, cold, cold weather, new jersey news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 47 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday