New Jersey News
Smoke in cabin causes plane to return to Newark
NEWARK, N.J. -- Continental Airlines says a flight had to return to Newark Liberty International Airport a few minutes after taking off when smoke was reported in the plane's cabin.
Flight 1626 was bound for San Diego when it took off Wednesday morning. It returned about 15 minutes later.
An airline spokeswoman says the smoke was caused by de-icing fluid that seeped into an engine.
The plane landed safely, and passengers were boarded on a different aircraft that was expected to arrive in San Diego at 8:15 p.m. Eastern time.
new jersey, newark liberty international airport, newark international airport, emergency landing, new jersey news
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case 15 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Orange County school evacuated after ceiling collapse
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos