New Jersey News
Ambulance service slowed due to mounds of snow/ice
NEWARK (WABC) -- More snow is the last thing people want to hear, especially if you drive the streets of New York City.
Ambulance crews are having a particularly tough time with piles of snow, potholes, and mounds of ice.
From maneuvering stretchers on slick sidewalks to negotiating slippery one-lane streets, a frigid New York City is one frozen obstacle course for ambulance crews.
EMT's and paramedics say they've seen a big spike this week in slip and fall fractures.
However, some EMT's thinks New Yorkers are finally starting to find their frozen footing.
new jersey, hoboken, snow, snow storm, snow removal, new jersey news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 52 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 53 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos