New Jersey News
Ambulance service slowed due to mounds of snow/ice
NEWARK (WABC) -- More snow is the last thing people want to hear, especially if you drive the streets of New York City.
Ambulance crews are having a particularly tough time with piles of snow, potholes, and mounds of ice.
From maneuvering stretchers on slick sidewalks to negotiating slippery one-lane streets, a frigid New York City is one frozen obstacle course for ambulance crews.
EMT's and paramedics say they've seen a big spike this week in slip and fall fractures.
However, some EMT's thinks New Yorkers are finally starting to find their frozen footing.
new jersey, hoboken, snow, snow storm, snow removal, new jersey news
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 29 min ago
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction 25 min ago
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident 59 min ago
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 17 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 12 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
8 min ago
- Suspect identified in attempted baby...
25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
55 min ago