New Jersey News
SUV carjacked with infant inside
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Police say a woman in Newark was carjacked earlier this morning with her 11-month-old child still in the car.
According to Newark Police, the woman was driving a 2006 Dodge Durango when she made the decision to exit the vehicle to care for her infant child in the backseat. During that time, the suspect entered her car and carjacked the vehicle with the child still inside.
The suspect drove to Morris Avenue where he dropped off the infant who appeared to be unharmed when police arrived. Emergency Medical Services were called to the scene to complete an examination and ensure that the child did not sustain any injuries. The suspect and vehicle have not been located.
As the investigators continue to sort through the details of this attack, they ask that anyone with information about this or any other crimes call the Department's 24-hour "Crime Stoppers" anonymous tip line at 877 NWK-TIPS (877 695-8477) or NWK-GUNS (877 695-4867).
new jersey, newark, carjacking, new jersey news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide