New Jersey News
Ancient Chinese treasures found at Newark Airport
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Several ancient treasures worth hundreds of thousands of dollars were discovered at Newark Airport being snuck into the country.
Customs officers found five Chinese treasures.
They range from 1,500 to 2,000 years old.
The US has been working with the Chinese since 2009 to track down stolen antiquities.
The US will return these ancient treasures worth $250,000 to China.
new jersey, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 33 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos