New Jersey News
Ancient Chinese treasures found at Newark Airport
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Several ancient treasures worth hundreds of thousands of dollars were discovered at Newark Airport being snuck into the country.
Customs officers found five Chinese treasures.
They range from 1,500 to 2,000 years old.
The US has been working with the Chinese since 2009 to track down stolen antiquities.
The US will return these ancient treasures worth $250,000 to China.
new jersey, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem 42 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment 14 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman