New Jersey News
Ancient Chinese treasures found at Newark Airport
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Several ancient treasures worth hundreds of thousands of dollars were discovered at Newark Airport being snuck into the country.
Customs officers found five Chinese treasures.
They range from 1,500 to 2,000 years old.
The US has been working with the Chinese since 2009 to track down stolen antiquities.
The US will return these ancient treasures worth $250,000 to China.
new jersey, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 12 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 17 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 58 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 14 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight 53 min ago
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 34 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos