New Jersey News
Ancient Chinese treasures found at Newark Airport
NEWARK, N.J. (WABC) -- Several ancient treasures worth hundreds of thousands of dollars were discovered at Newark Airport being snuck into the country.
Customs officers found five Chinese treasures.
They range from 1,500 to 2,000 years old.
The US has been working with the Chinese since 2009 to track down stolen antiquities.
The US will return these ancient treasures worth $250,000 to China.
new jersey, newark international airport, newark liberty international airport, new jersey news
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze being laid to rest 5 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 12 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
12 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze...
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos