New Jersey News
Death of woman in burning home ruled homicide
WOODBRIDGE, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities in Woodbridge say a woman found dead in a fire at her home was killed before the house caught fire.
Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan said Friday that the death of 44-year-old Balwinder Kaur of the Avenel section of Woodbridge Township is being investigated as a homicide.
Kaur was physically attacked before the fire was reported, Kaplan said.
Investigators are looking into whether it was intentionally set to try to cover up the crime.
Firefighters went to the home shortly before 5 p.m. on Monday after a passerby saw flames coming from the building. They discovered the victim inside. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
new jersey, murder, fire, woodbridge, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014