New Jersey News
Death of woman in burning home ruled homicide
WOODBRIDGE, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities in Woodbridge say a woman found dead in a fire at her home was killed before the house caught fire.
Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan said Friday that the death of 44-year-old Balwinder Kaur of the Avenel section of Woodbridge Township is being investigated as a homicide.
Kaur was physically attacked before the fire was reported, Kaplan said.
Investigators are looking into whether it was intentionally set to try to cover up the crime.
Firefighters went to the home shortly before 5 p.m. on Monday after a passerby saw flames coming from the building. They discovered the victim inside. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
new jersey, murder, fire, woodbridge, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision 59 min ago
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall