New Jersey News
Wounded Paramus officer leaves hospital
HACKENSACK, N.J. (WABC) -- A Paramus police officer shot and critically wounded during a traffic stop is out of the hospital.
Bagpipers played "Amazing Grace" and officers lining the walkway cheered as Rachel Morgan left Hackensack University Medical Center on Friday afternoon.
She went out on a stretcher pushed by Ryan Hayo. He was the first officer on the scene after the 31-year-old Morgan was wounded Feb. 6.
Morgan will continue her recovery at a rehabilitation hospital in Saddle Brook.
The two-year veteran was struck twice in the abdomen and once in the leg. Her protective vest deflected two other bullets.
The gunman, Michael Carmody of Westwood, was wounded in the shootout. The 23-year-old later died from his injuries.
new jersey, hackensack, police officer shot, paramus, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House 21 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 33 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate 15 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees