New Jersey News
Wounded Paramus officer leaves hospital
HACKENSACK, N.J. (WABC) -- A Paramus police officer shot and critically wounded during a traffic stop is out of the hospital.
Bagpipers played "Amazing Grace" and officers lining the walkway cheered as Rachel Morgan left Hackensack University Medical Center on Friday afternoon.
She went out on a stretcher pushed by Ryan Hayo. He was the first officer on the scene after the 31-year-old Morgan was wounded Feb. 6.
Morgan will continue her recovery at a rehabilitation hospital in Saddle Brook.
The two-year veteran was struck twice in the abdomen and once in the leg. Her protective vest deflected two other bullets.
The gunman, Michael Carmody of Westwood, was wounded in the shootout. The 23-year-old later died from his injuries.
new jersey, hackensack, police officer shot, paramus, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 19 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 32 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx 6 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
19 min ago