New Jersey News
Paralyzed Rutgers player makes 1st public appearance
PISCATAWAY, NJ (WABC) -- A paralyzed Rutgers football player made his first public appearance Saturday night, attending a comedy show on campus.
When Eric LeGrand entered the arena in his motorized wheelchair, the crowd of 3,000 gave him a standing ovation.
LeGrand told the crowd, "I just want to thank everybody for coming out here tonight and I'm just going to keep on chopping through my rehab."
LeGrand was injured during an October 16th Rutgers football game against Army.
He has been recovering at the Kessler Institute in West Orange.
new jersey, rutgers university, eric legrand, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse