New Jersey News
Paralyzed Rutgers player makes 1st public appearance
PISCATAWAY, NJ (WABC) -- A paralyzed Rutgers football player made his first public appearance Saturday night, attending a comedy show on campus.
When Eric LeGrand entered the arena in his motorized wheelchair, the crowd of 3,000 gave him a standing ovation.
LeGrand told the crowd, "I just want to thank everybody for coming out here tonight and I'm just going to keep on chopping through my rehab."
LeGrand was injured during an October 16th Rutgers football game against Army.
He has been recovering at the Kessler Institute in West Orange.
new jersey, rutgers university, eric legrand, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 34 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 15 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
4 min ago