New Jersey News
Injured Paramus officer makes surprise appearance
PARAMUS, N.J. (WABC) -- A Paramus police officer who was shot in the line of duty made a surprise appearance at a council meeting Tuesday.
Officer Rachel Morgan attended the meeting to congratulate Acting Chief Chris Brock on his promotion to Police Chief.
Brock and Morgan's fellow officers were all surprised.
Morgan was shot and critically injured on Feburary 6 when she arrived at a snow bank where 23-year-old Michael Carmody had crashed his car.
Carmody was shot several times by another officer who came to Morgan's aid.
The suspect later died at a Paterson hospital after being removed from life support.
For more information and photos visit: http://paramus.patch.com
new jersey, paramus, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fast food workers strike to demand higher wages
- Bill de Blasio to make big announcement Thursday morning
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight... 45 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train...
28 min ago