New Jersey News
Injured Paramus officer makes surprise appearance
PARAMUS, N.J. (WABC) -- A Paramus police officer who was shot in the line of duty made a surprise appearance at a council meeting Tuesday.
Officer Rachel Morgan attended the meeting to congratulate Acting Chief Chris Brock on his promotion to Police Chief.
Brock and Morgan's fellow officers were all surprised.
Morgan was shot and critically injured on Feburary 6 when she arrived at a snow bank where 23-year-old Michael Carmody had crashed his car.
Carmody was shot several times by another officer who came to Morgan's aid.
The suspect later died at a Paterson hospital after being removed from life support.
For more information and photos visit: http://paramus.patch.com
new jersey, paramus, police officer shot, police officer injured, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97