New Jersey News
Teaneck fire ruled arson, homicide
TEANECK (WABC) -- A deadly fire in Teaneck early Monday has become an arson and murder investigation.
The fire was first reported just after midnight at 212 Elm Avenue. Firefighters found the victim after knocking down the flames.
Authorities used dental records to confirm the victim as 59-year-old Robert Cantor, the home owner.
An autopsy revealed that Cantor suffered a gunshot wound prior to the fire being set.
Cantor, who is employed by Verizon Wireless, lived alone at the house.
Anyone with information that might be helpful in the investigation is urged to contact Teaneck Police or the Bergen County Prosecutors Office - Major Crimes Squad.
Teaneck Police Department 201-837-2600
BCPO Major Crimes 201-226-5500
fire, teaneck, new jersey, deadly fire, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 22 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for...
1 min ago