New Jersey News
Bodies found in car are missing Plainfield couple
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- Police confirmed Thursday that they have found the bodies of the Plainfield, New Jersey, couple who disappeared last week.
"Why did they kill my Casey? She didn't deserve to die, no, no," cried Veronica Ramessar, the victim's mother.
Veronica Ramessar told Eyewitness News she has no idea what happened to her daughter, Evande Orna, also known as Casey.
She only knows that somehow Casey and her boyfriend, Troy Edwards, left Plainfield, New Jersey, for Richmond, Virginia last month and never came back.
Then their two bodies were found in the trunk of their car on East 52nd Street near Snyder Avenue in East Flatbush Wednesday night.
"We noticed there were tickets on it, but no one realized there were any bodies in there," said Tisha, an East Flatbush resident.
The medical examiner now tells us the man in the trunk had a gun shot wound to his head. Police sources say the woman had head trauma. An autopsy on her is due on Friday.
Troy Edwards lived in Richmond at times, and police had searched his apartment.
"They recovered evidence a few days ago that led them to believe that the couple may be in danger," a Richmond, VA police officer said.
According to a search warrant obtained by Richmond Police, they recovered 18 items, including a sheet with red stains, a "ThunderBlaster", which is a type of stun gun, a roll of duct tape, and an off-white, rock-like substance.
Casey's mother told Eyewitness News that she never trusted her daughter's boyfriend to begin with.
"I was concerned, I say to myself, 'God, please protect my daughter'," Ramessar said.
Her daughter was with Edwards on and off for 20 years, and in all that time he never spoke to her.
"Just 'Hi', just like that," Ramessar said.
Now, her eldest daughter is gone.
"I'm going to miss that, going to miss it, there's a part of me gone too," Ramessar said.
Autopsy results are pending.
new jersey, body found, new jersey news, stacey sager
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 41 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son