New Jersey News
Deadly shooting in Irvington
IRVINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- Authorities say a Newark man was killed in a shooting outside an Irvington go-go bar that left four other men wounded.
The shooting happened shortly before 5:00 p.m. near the intersection of Stuyvesant Avenue and Cottage Place in Irvington.
Four of the victims suffered non-life threatening injuries, officials said.
The dead man was identified as 29-year-old Shihaab Loyal.
Further details on the incident were not disclosed Saturday, including how many times Loyal was shot and what type of weapon his assailant used.
It was not known what spurred the shooting, though witnesses reported hearing at least six shots.
No arrests had been made.
new jersey, irvington, crime, shooting, new jersey news
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen