New Jersey News
Sheen after-party set for small NJ town
CARLSTADT, New Jersey (WABC) -- Charlie Sheen has scheduled an after party in a small town in New Jersey.
With his history of wild-partying, it's causing mixed reaction from people who live there.
Down a beaten up road, between marshland and the Hackensack River, lies the Dragonfly Club, an old driving range. The tent is raised, the porta-potties come bouncing up the street. Later tonight a party with Charlie Sheen will take place there.
"I love Charlie Sheen, I think he's great," said Vinny DeLeasa.
It's the talk of the town in quaint little Carlstadt, about 13 miles west of the city, where the whole Sheen thing boggles the mind of one mayoral candidate.
"I don't understand this whole thing, he can't sing, he's not a stand-up comedian, what talent does he have to offer?" asks Paul Rizzo.
Sheen's Torpedo of Truth tour has had guests at some stops walking out, demanding refunds.
Sal Anthony owns a popular Italian restaurant in town and wouldn't mind Sheen stopping by.
"I'd say Charlie, come get something to eat, we'll drink some wine," said Sal Anthony.
Tickets were available on Dragonfly' website up until 5:00 p.m. Friday.
Carlstadt police say they're treating the Sheen event like any other big event where a huge crowd is expected. They'll have more officers on the clock, just in case.
new jersey, charlie sheen, new jersey news, toni yates
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos