New Jersey News
Hazmat scare closes NJ highway
WOODBRIDGE, NJ (WABC) -- A hazmat scare forced the closure of a busy highway in New Jersey Saturday night.
Police say the tanker collided with a car and rolled into the median.
The truck was carrying 8,500 gallons of gasoline and began leaking.
Traffic remained shut down in both directions along Route 440 Saturday night.
Crews were working to clean up the spill and remove the tanker.
The truck's driver is hospitalized.
The other driver was not hurt.
new jersey, woodbridge, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos