New Jersey News
Baby dies after rescue from turnpike crash
CARTERET, NJ (WABC) -- A three-month-old baby has died one day after a state trooper pulled him from the wreckage of an accident in New Jersey.
When Trooper Ryan Kauffman saw an infant trapped inside he pulled out the baby, but she wasn't breathing.
Kauffman performed CPR and about ten minutes later he felt a pulse.
A three-month-old baby was rushed to intensive care at Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick.
The baby died on Monday morning.
Her mother and grandmother suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the crash.
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, new jersey news
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Princeton to begin meningitis B vaccinations Monday
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame 2 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold 44 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos