New Jersey News
Body found believed to be NJ boy in Sequoia Nat'l Forest
SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST, Calif. -- Searchers believe they've found the body of an 11-year-old New Jersey boy who went missing during a family hike in the Sequoia National Forest.
Fresno County sheriff's officials say the family was hiking in the Yucca Flats along Highway 180 when he disappeared Friday morning.
The boy's father told deputies he had helped his son down a steep hillside before going back to assist other family members.
The father said when he turned around, his son was gone and there were slide marks leading into the waters of 10 Mile Creek.
On the fourth day of searching, authorities said Monday afternoon that they located a body believed to be the missing child about 400 feet downstream from where he disappeared.
They're currently working to recover the body from the water.
new jersey, body found, california, child death, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Wake to be held for slain Hofstra student as questions linger
- Suffolk County parents getting free alcohol test kits
- NJ couple arraigned on animal cruelty charges
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos