New Jersey News
Body found believed to be NJ boy in Sequoia Nat'l Forest
SEQUOIA NATIONAL FOREST, Calif. -- Searchers believe they've found the body of an 11-year-old New Jersey boy who went missing during a family hike in the Sequoia National Forest.
Fresno County sheriff's officials say the family was hiking in the Yucca Flats along Highway 180 when he disappeared Friday morning.
The boy's father told deputies he had helped his son down a steep hillside before going back to assist other family members.
The father said when he turned around, his son was gone and there were slide marks leading into the waters of 10 Mile Creek.
On the fourth day of searching, authorities said Monday afternoon that they located a body believed to be the missing child about 400 feet downstream from where he disappeared.
They're currently working to recover the body from the water.
new jersey, body found, california, child death, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen