New Jersey News
Teacher accused of "sexual conduct" with teen
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a substitute teacher had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy who attended the school where she often taught.
Twenty-four-year-old Patricia Gallegos of Rutherford faces child endangerment charges.
Bergen County prosecutors say Gallegos had engaged in sexual conduct with the boy on several occasions since last month. But none of the incidents occurred at the Robert L. Craig School in Moonachie, where Gallegos was a substitute for about a year.
School administrators notified authorities upon learning of the allegations on Thursday, and Gallegos was arrested Friday. She was then fired.
Bail was set at $20,000, but it wasn't clear whether Gallegos remained in custody Saturday. A telephone number for her could not be located, and it wasn't known if she had retained a lawyer.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, teacher arrested, sex crime, new jersey news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 18 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 18 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital 38 min ago
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych...
38 min ago