New Jersey News
Teacher accused of "sexual conduct" with teen
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Authorities in northern New Jersey say a substitute teacher had a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy who attended the school where she often taught.
Twenty-four-year-old Patricia Gallegos of Rutherford faces child endangerment charges.
Bergen County prosecutors say Gallegos had engaged in sexual conduct with the boy on several occasions since last month. But none of the incidents occurred at the Robert L. Craig School in Moonachie, where Gallegos was a substitute for about a year.
School administrators notified authorities upon learning of the allegations on Thursday, and Gallegos was arrested Friday. She was then fired.
Bail was set at $20,000, but it wasn't clear whether Gallegos remained in custody Saturday. A telephone number for her could not be located, and it wasn't known if she had retained a lawyer.
new jersey, bergen county, hackensack, teacher arrested, sex crime, new jersey news
- Missing plane may have turned back 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Stage collapses at California high school: 30-40 hurt
- Spring forward: Clocks turned ahead one hour
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong 31 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Missing plane may have turned back
10 min ago