New Jersey News
'Dapper Bandit' burglary spree in New Jersey
NEW JERSEY (WABC) -- He may look good, but he's a bad guy in disguise.
Dubbed the dapper bandit, the bank burglar sports a suit coat, shined shoes and creased pants.
The suspect was caught on surveillance video near a safe at a Livingston bank.
He used a crowbar to open cash drawers at banks once they have closed for the day.
Police say that he's struck banks in Essex, Union and Bergen counties since last month.
He's left empty handed from a few of his break-ins, but has made off with an unknown amount of cash from others.
No one has been injured in any of the incidents.
new jersey, bank robbery, burglary, new jersey news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos