New Jersey News
Emergency landing at Newark Liberty
NEWARK (WABC) -- There were some tense moments at Newark Liberty International Airport on Sunday.
Continental Flight 85 from Tel Aviv to Newark had to make an emergency landing after a heat indicator light went off in the cargo bin.
The Boeing 777 had 290 people on board.
It landed safely at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Sources say two people complained of breathing difficulty after insulation blew into the passenger cabin.
One person was transported to Trinitas Regional Medical Center in Elizabeth.
An investigation is underway.
new jersey, newark, newark liberty international airport, emergency landing, new jersey news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
58 min ago