New Jersey News
Woman's cause of death changed from accident to homicide
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- The death of a Jersey City woman who appeared to have died from a fall in front of her home has now been ruled a homicide.
Two people are charged with felony murder and a third person is being sought.
Judith Bobrow, 66, was found on the evening of October 11, 2010 lying face down in front of the porch of her home at 191 Union Street in Jersey City.
She was transported to Jersey City Medical Center where she was pronounced dead. The medical examiner ruled her death accidental.
During the course of a separate, unrelated homicide investigation, the victim's debit card was found in possession of 20-year-old Antonio Nash-Johnson, the third suspect who is still on the loose.
As a result, Bobrow's case was reopened, and information led investigators to the two suspects. Donte Carlisle and Kenneth Miller were interviewed and, according to the complaint, made statements implicating each other in the robbery.
The new information was given to the medical examiner and Bobrow's death was changed to a homicide.
She died of blunt force trauma to the chest and abdomen, according to the medical examiner's officer. It's believed she was knocked to the ground, held down and assaulted and that's what caused her death.
The prosecutor says that based on the position of the victim's body in relation to the front stairs and the way she was found, her injuries could have been consistent with a fall. There were no witnesses to the assault.
Carlisle and Miller, already in custody on unrelated charges, now face felony murder charges.
Antonio Nash-Johnson of Forest Avenue in Jersey City is being sought in connection with her robbery and death.
Anyone with information on Bobrow's death is asked to call the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office's Homicide Squad at (201) 915-1345.
new jersey, hudson county, jersey city, crime, murder, robbery, new jersey news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 30 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 19 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 24 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 32 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident