New Jersey News
Search resumes at NJ lake for missing Calif. man
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. (WABC) -- Search crews have returned to a central New Jersey lake to look for a California man who went missing while fishing from a canoe.
Authorities say the 30-year-old man, whose name and hometown were not immediately disclosed, was in the area to visit a cousin.
He had taken the canoe out on Farrington Lake around noon Saturday and was last seen in an area between Route 18 and Ryders Lane in East Brunswick.
After the man failed to return by dusk, his cousin called authorities around 7:30 p.m. Several police officers, firefighters and divers soon began searching the waterway and surrounding area, and they eventually found the 16-foot canoe but not its oars.
. The search was suspended just after midnight, then resumed around 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
new jersey, east brunswick, missing person, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead 50 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92 25 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 12 min ago