New Jersey News
4 members of NJ family arrested in drug bust
NEPTUNE, N.J. -- New Jersey authorities say they've arrested four members of a Monmouth County family in a major marijuana and weapons bust.
Brothers Khalid and Taj Thomas and their parents, Pierre and Illma, were arrested Monday after officers from the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office Gang Task Force raided their homes in Neptune Township and Tinton Falls.
Authorities seized more than 150 pounds of marijuana, several guns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, narcotics paraphernalia, 15 cellphones and more than $15,000 in cash.
All four defendants are charged with drug possession and possession with intent to distribute.
The brothers and their father are being held at the Monmouth County Jail. The mother was released on her own recognizance.
The prosecutor's office said the defendants had not yet retained legal counsel.
new jersey, marijuana, drug arrest, drug bust, new jersey news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013