New Jersey News
Jersey City teachers protest layoffs
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Teachers in Jersey City took their protest straight to the board of education Wednesday night.
Teachers descended upon the Board of Education meeting to protest 200 proposed layoffs.
They say those layoffs would result in increased class sizes.
The head of the teacher's union said he understands if money has to be cut, but said that money should come from administration and non-essential programs.
new jersey, jersey city, teacher, layoff, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 24 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos