New Jersey News
Jersey City teachers protest layoffs
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Teachers in Jersey City took their protest straight to the board of education Wednesday night.
Teachers descended upon the Board of Education meeting to protest 200 proposed layoffs.
They say those layoffs would result in increased class sizes.
The head of the teacher's union said he understands if money has to be cut, but said that money should come from administration and non-essential programs.
new jersey, jersey city, teacher, layoff, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 34 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 37 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building 57 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
39 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
22 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
34 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos