New Jersey News
Arrest in Craigslist robberies
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- An arrest has been made in connection with a string of Craigslist robberies in Irvington, New Jersey
In three separate incidents, individuals responding to advertisements on Craigslist were allegedly robbed by Abdul-Latif who was armed with a large caliber handgun.
On May 7, 2011, Abdul-Latif allegedly carjacked a victim, commandeered the man's 1997 Nissan Pathfinder, after arranging to meet with him on Craigslist.
On May 19, 2011 Abdul-Latif allegedly robbed another victim of his wallet, $100 in cash and his cell phone. The same day, Abdul-Latif allegedly robbed a third victim of his wallet and $20 while armed with a handgun.
The victims were responding to an advertisement for a 2001 blue four-door Honda Civic being sold for $2,100.
The suspect lured them to a vacant house at the end of a dead-end street then robbed them at gunpoint.
Abdul-Latif faces carjacking, robbery and weapons offenses.
Bail was set at $300,000.
The investigation is continuing, and anyone with information is urged to contact the Essex County Prosecutor's Office at 1-877-847-7432.
new jersey, essex county, irvington, crime, robbery, craigslist, new jersey news
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park 47 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son 52 min ago
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home 33 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32