New Jersey News
New details in explosion outside Fair Lawn home
FAIR LAWN (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the people who left a pipe bomb outside a home in Fair Lawn.
Authorities say the device exploded at 11:00 p.m. Sunday in the Hunter Place neighborhood.
Neighbors heard a large explosion and called police.
The crime scene investigation revealed that the explosion was caused by a pipe bomb which appears to have been constructed of small pipe filled with black powder and small nails.
The explosion caused the pipe to fragment into numerous small pieces that traveled outward, striking neighboring cars and houses.
No one was injured, but the force of the pipe bomb caused the fragments to travel through the walls into the interior of the house at 18-11 Hunter Place as well as two other dwellings located at 18-14 and 18-02 Hunter Place.
Several vehicles were also damaged.
Authorities are trying to determine who built and placed the device.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fair Lawn Police Department (201-796-1400) or the Bergen County Prosecutors Office - Major Crimes Unit (201-226-5500).
new jersey, bergen county, fair lawn, explosion, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Tornado touched down near Copake 10 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Suspected robbery ends with car chase 13 min ago
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos