New Jersey News
New details in explosion outside Fair Lawn home
FAIR LAWN (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey are searching for the people who left a pipe bomb outside a home in Fair Lawn.
Authorities say the device exploded at 11:00 p.m. Sunday in the Hunter Place neighborhood.
Neighbors heard a large explosion and called police.
The crime scene investigation revealed that the explosion was caused by a pipe bomb which appears to have been constructed of small pipe filled with black powder and small nails.
The explosion caused the pipe to fragment into numerous small pieces that traveled outward, striking neighboring cars and houses.
No one was injured, but the force of the pipe bomb caused the fragments to travel through the walls into the interior of the house at 18-11 Hunter Place as well as two other dwellings located at 18-14 and 18-02 Hunter Place.
Several vehicles were also damaged.
Authorities are trying to determine who built and placed the device.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fair Lawn Police Department (201-796-1400) or the Bergen County Prosecutors Office - Major Crimes Unit (201-226-5500).
new jersey, bergen county, fair lawn, explosion, new jersey news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ