New Jersey News
Parents of drowning victim sue public pool
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The parents of a 3-year-old boy who drown in a crowded public pool in New Jersey filed a civil lawsuit on Tuesday.
It accuses pool administrators and the six lifeguards on-duty that day with negligence.
Surveillance video of the city owned pool in Trenton shows little Darren Horton, Jr. struggling for about 4 minutes to stay afloat in the crowded pool last summer.
One distracted lifeguard is less than 25 feet away, talking with a girl.
A neighbor had brought Horton and several other children to the pool that day.
new jersey, trenton, child death, drowning, new jersey news
- 90-minute delays linger after LIRR service suspension 31 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NYC home invasion robbery suspects caught on camera
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody 49 min ago
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures