New Jersey News
Parents of drowning victim sue public pool
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The parents of a 3-year-old boy who drown in a crowded public pool in New Jersey filed a civil lawsuit on Tuesday.
It accuses pool administrators and the six lifeguards on-duty that day with negligence.
Surveillance video of the city owned pool in Trenton shows little Darren Horton, Jr. struggling for about 4 minutes to stay afloat in the crowded pool last summer.
One distracted lifeguard is less than 25 feet away, talking with a girl.
A neighbor had brought Horton and several other children to the pool that day.
new jersey, trenton, child death, drowning, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos