New Jersey News
Parents of drowning victim sue public pool
TRENTON, N.J. (WABC) -- The parents of a 3-year-old boy who drown in a crowded public pool in New Jersey filed a civil lawsuit on Tuesday.
It accuses pool administrators and the six lifeguards on-duty that day with negligence.
Surveillance video of the city owned pool in Trenton shows little Darren Horton, Jr. struggling for about 4 minutes to stay afloat in the crowded pool last summer.
One distracted lifeguard is less than 25 feet away, talking with a girl.
A neighbor had brought Horton and several other children to the pool that day.
new jersey, trenton, child death, drowning, new jersey news
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 35 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 4 min ago
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 32 min ago
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor 47 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 28 min ago
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
58 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos