New Jersey News
Elderly woman found stabbed to death in home
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- An elderly woman was found fatally stabbed in her well-kept home in New Jersey overnight Thursday.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Blunt, a longtime resident, lived alone in the home.
"I can't imagine somebody wanting to hurt her. I can't imagine such a nice lady, such a sweet lady," neighbor Jennifer Ogbur said.
Blunt was always working in her yard, always with a smile on her face.
She was that one person who everyone knew and loved. She was a treasured part of this neighborhood.
At this time no one has been charged, but detectives are talkiing to a person of interest.
"We wish to reassure the public that we believe at this time this was a targeted incident," said Acting Essex County Prosecutor Murray.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Essex County Prosecutor's tips line at 1-877-847-7432.
new jersey, irvington, stabbing, murder, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97