New Jersey News
Elderly woman found stabbed to death in home
IRVINGTON (WABC) -- An elderly woman was found fatally stabbed in her well-kept home in New Jersey overnight Thursday.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Blunt, a longtime resident, lived alone in the home.
"I can't imagine somebody wanting to hurt her. I can't imagine such a nice lady, such a sweet lady," neighbor Jennifer Ogbur said.
Blunt was always working in her yard, always with a smile on her face.
She was that one person who everyone knew and loved. She was a treasured part of this neighborhood.
At this time no one has been charged, but detectives are talkiing to a person of interest.
"We wish to reassure the public that we believe at this time this was a targeted incident," said Acting Essex County Prosecutor Murray.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Essex County Prosecutor's tips line at 1-877-847-7432.
new jersey, irvington, stabbing, murder, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos