New Jersey News
Injured Rutgers player to meet with Christie
NEW BRUNSWICK (WABC) -- Injured Rutgers football player Eric Legrand will meet with New Jersey Governor Chris Christie Thursday.
Legrand has been paralyzed from the shoulders down since making a tackle at the Army game last year.
Doctors said he would never come off a ventilator and never walk.
Now, he's off the ventilator, eating solid foods and is able to move his arm.
This week, Legrand tweeted that there were twitches going throughout his body, and he hopes feeling is coming back.
new jersey, eric legrand, chris christie, new jersey news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 17 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC 31 min ago
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: Family escapes Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million