New Jersey News
Law enforcement disrupts Paterson drug ring
PATERSON -- Authorities say they've disrupted a major drug distribution network in New Jersey's third-largest city.
New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow says a yearlong investigation into gang activity in Paterson has resulted in more than 170 arrests. Police also seized a dozen weapons and more than 4,000 bags of heroin, crack, marijuana and other drugs.
The multi-agency task force executed nine search warrants and made 22 arrests early Thursday.
Prosecutors worked with the New Jersey State Police, the Passaic County Sheriff's Department and local law enforcement to target the activities of a set of the Bloods street gang called the Fruit Town Brims.
Police say the group operated out of Paterson's Fourth Ward, a longtime hub of drug activity on the outskirts of the city's downtown.
new jersey, paterson, drug bust, new jersey news
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way 2 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 8 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto 5 min ago
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown groups open week of 'acts of kindness' 32 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area 45 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
8 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
2 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos