New Jersey News
Law enforcement disrupts Paterson drug ring
PATERSON -- Authorities say they've disrupted a major drug distribution network in New Jersey's third-largest city.
New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow says a yearlong investigation into gang activity in Paterson has resulted in more than 170 arrests. Police also seized a dozen weapons and more than 4,000 bags of heroin, crack, marijuana and other drugs.
The multi-agency task force executed nine search warrants and made 22 arrests early Thursday.
Prosecutors worked with the New Jersey State Police, the Passaic County Sheriff's Department and local law enforcement to target the activities of a set of the Bloods street gang called the Fruit Town Brims.
Police say the group operated out of Paterson's Fourth Ward, a longtime hub of drug activity on the outskirts of the city's downtown.
new jersey, paterson, drug bust, new jersey news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos