New Jersey News
Divers recover body of drowning victim at NJ lake
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Divers have recovered the body of a 21-year-old New Jersey man who drowned while swimming with family members at a lake in Middlesex County this weekend.
The victim, identified only as a Somerset County resident, was in Dallenbach Lake in East Brunswick on Saturday afternoon when he went under water and did not resurface. His relatives quickly notified lifeguards, who searched for the man but could not locate him.
Emergency crews soon arrived and searched the lake and nearby areas for several hours before suspending the search around 10:30 p.m. due to darkness. They returned to the lake early Sunday and found the body around 9:45 a.m.
new jersey, east brunswick, drowning, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 59 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 21 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
59 min ago