New Jersey News
Plane crashes in NJ; 1 seriously hurt
WEST MILFORD, N.J. (WABC) -- Federal aviation officials say one person was seriously injured when a small plane crashed Saturday afternoon at a northern New Jersey airport.
It wasn't immediately clear what caused the crash, which occurred around 12:40 p.m. at Greenwood Lake Airport in West Milford.
The pilot sustained serious injuries and there is substantial damage to the aircraft.
Investigators say the pilot was the only person in the plane.
Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Holly Baker says police have responded to the scene in Passaic County.
The airplane is an Aero Vodochody L39C.
The plane is registered to Air Vatche Inc. from Wilmington, Delaware.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new jersey, plane crash, new jersey news
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in 49 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- NYC baby brought to hospital by parents pronounced dead 4 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat 12 min ago
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy 5 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake' 14 min ago
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
49 min ago