New Jersey News
$1M bail for NJ man charged in NY woman's death
ELIZABETH, N.J. -- Union County prosecutors say the boyfriend of a New York woman found shot to death in Elizabeth this week has turned himself in and will face first-degree murder charges.
Bail was set at $1 million for Abdul Shahid Aziz, who surrendered to city police late Saturday morning.
The 45-year-old Elizabeth resident was being held in the county jail, and officials didn't know if he had retained a lawyer.
A warrant was issued for Aziz on Wednesday, the day after Ramona Jackson's body was found near some train tracks in Elizabeth.
Authorities believe the 40-year-old Staten Island resident was killed there or nearby, but haven't disclosed further details on her slaying or a possible motive.
new jersey, elizabeth, murder, new jersey news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos