New Jersey News
$1M bail for NJ man charged in NY woman's death
ELIZABETH, N.J. -- Union County prosecutors say the boyfriend of a New York woman found shot to death in Elizabeth this week has turned himself in and will face first-degree murder charges.
Bail was set at $1 million for Abdul Shahid Aziz, who surrendered to city police late Saturday morning.
The 45-year-old Elizabeth resident was being held in the county jail, and officials didn't know if he had retained a lawyer.
A warrant was issued for Aziz on Wednesday, the day after Ramona Jackson's body was found near some train tracks in Elizabeth.
Authorities believe the 40-year-old Staten Island resident was killed there or nearby, but haven't disclosed further details on her slaying or a possible motive.
new jersey, elizabeth, murder, new jersey news
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 30 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 28 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 38 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 39 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale