New Jersey News
Wedding Crashers: Bridal store shuts down
MORRISTOWN, N.J. (WABC) -- The shutting down of the bridal store"'Nonchalance" in New Jersey has left brides and bridesmaids in a quandry.
Tara Deleeuw's wedding is two weeks away, and she is now dealing with a problem she didn't expect.
"It's a nightmare, it can't be happening," Deleeuw said.
But it did happen. "Nonchalance," the store her bridesmaids bought their dresses from in Morristown, has suddenly gone out of business, leaving dozens of brides-to-be just like her in a real jam.
The wedding planning for Alison Connors was going so well, until this happened.
"This is the first glitch," Connors said. "It's the big one."
The closure is affecting dozens of weddings, with the brides and their bridesmaids wondering if they'll get their money back and, more importantly perhaps, will they get the dresses in time for their wedding day.
A seamstress affiliated with the store is also looking for answers.
The owner of "Nonchalance" refused to talk to any reporters who approached her and didn't answer her phone.
There is a sign on the store's front door that reads the store closed because of "unforeseen circumstances" and that customers will be contacted this week.
Linda Scollosy's daughter-in-law is set to tie the knot in three weeks.
"They're gonna have to shell out more money," Scollosy said.
Eyewitness News learned that Park Avenue Bridal in Verona, New Jersey, is helping to fill orders that were already placed, and that "Nonchalance" is expected to open on Friday for just three hours to resolve outstanding orders.
What's not clear is if the customers will be getting their money back.
new jersey, wedding, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- AccuWeather Forecast: More Snow On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- Obama to pay tribute to Mandela in South Africa
- Tough new NYC cockroaches can withstand winter cold
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment
- Newtown victims families deliver statement 19 min ago
- Joe Torre elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area