New Jersey News
Woman killed, 7 firefighters hurt in NJ house fire
JERSEY CITY -- A fast-moving house fire has left an elderly New Jersey woman dead and seven firefighters injured.
She was taken to Jersey City Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
It's not yet clear what sparked the fire, which broke out around 5 a.m. But investigators say there were lots of papers and other clutter inside the home that apparently helped fuel the blaze.
Details on the injuries sustained by the firefighters were not disclosed, but none were considered serious.
Authorities also briefly evacuated three nearby homes that were slightly damaged by the fire, but no other injuries were reported.
new jersey, jersey city, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy & Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
4 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos