New Jersey News
Woman killed, 7 firefighters hurt in NJ house fire
JERSEY CITY -- A fast-moving house fire has left an elderly New Jersey woman dead and seven firefighters injured.
She was taken to Jersey City Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead a short time later.
It's not yet clear what sparked the fire, which broke out around 5 a.m. But investigators say there were lots of papers and other clutter inside the home that apparently helped fuel the blaze.
Details on the injuries sustained by the firefighters were not disclosed, but none were considered serious.
Authorities also briefly evacuated three nearby homes that were slightly damaged by the fire, but no other injuries were reported.
new jersey, jersey city, fire, firefighter injured, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Here and Now