New Jersey News
NJ Transit bus idled for 5 hours with dead driver
NEWARK -- Officials are trying to determine why a NJ Transit bus with a dead driver inside idled for nearly five hours at the Port Authority terminal in New York.
Thomas Truex was found slumped in a passenger seat hours after he dropped off his last passengers Thursday morning. The bus was parked near a curb where drivers routinely stop for a bathroom or coffee break.
Port Authority Spokesman Steve Coleman told The Record newspaper officials probably need to take a look at coordination to make sure anything out of the ordinary is checked out.
Officials began looking for Truex, who drove a bus for 26 years, after he failed to return to the Meadowlands garage at 3 p.m.
His death is not considered suspicious.
new jersey, new jersey transit, port authority, new jersey news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up 17 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime 28 min ago
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 53 min ago
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
17 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos