New Jersey News
Cops seek man in late-night attacks in Passaic
PASSAIC -- Passaic police are warning women to be careful if they go out walking alone at night after a man tried to sexually assault two women in the city this month.
Police say the man approached a woman from behind and tried cover her mouth late last Thursday on Lafayette Ave. The woman broke free and screamed.
The first attack was reported around 11 p.m. on Aug. 3 on River Drive.
Detective Andrew White told The Record newspaper that the same method was used and the woman's screams scared off the attacker.
The suspect is described by police as a light skinned man, possibly Hispanic, 25 to 30 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 170 to 190 pounds.
new jersey, passaic, sexual assault, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 9 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 12 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos