New Jersey News
Cops seek man in late-night attacks in Passaic
PASSAIC -- Passaic police are warning women to be careful if they go out walking alone at night after a man tried to sexually assault two women in the city this month.
Police say the man approached a woman from behind and tried cover her mouth late last Thursday on Lafayette Ave. The woman broke free and screamed.
The first attack was reported around 11 p.m. on Aug. 3 on River Drive.
Detective Andrew White told The Record newspaper that the same method was used and the woman's screams scared off the attacker.
The suspect is described by police as a light skinned man, possibly Hispanic, 25 to 30 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 170 to 190 pounds.
new jersey, passaic, sexual assault, new jersey news
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma 36 min ago
- Where is Charles Butler? 23 min ago
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84 16 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student 19 min ago
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting 40 min ago
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos