New Jersey News
Cops seek man in late-night attacks in Passaic
PASSAIC -- Passaic police are warning women to be careful if they go out walking alone at night after a man tried to sexually assault two women in the city this month.
Police say the man approached a woman from behind and tried cover her mouth late last Thursday on Lafayette Ave. The woman broke free and screamed.
The first attack was reported around 11 p.m. on Aug. 3 on River Drive.
Detective Andrew White told The Record newspaper that the same method was used and the woman's screams scared off the attacker.
The suspect is described by police as a light skinned man, possibly Hispanic, 25 to 30 years old, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and 170 to 190 pounds.
new jersey, passaic, sexual assault, new jersey news
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 1 min ago
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
1 min ago