New Jersey News
Exclusive new details in Boonton murder
BOONTON (WABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned exclusively about a text message that one family member says Nazish Noorani sent a month ago.
It is chilling. Speaking of her husband, she wrote, "He abuses me. I don't want him to scare the kids. If you should find me dead someday... It was Kashi. He wants to kill me"
"I can't believe she is dead," she said.
Lubna Choudhry still can't get the sound of the gunshots and the sight of her sister lying on the sidewalk out of her mind.
Noorani and her husband, Kashish Parvaiz, were celebrating the holy month of Ramadan at her house when Lubna says Kashish sent a text message to his wife saying he wanted to leave for Boston where they have been living.
Minutes after they did, she heard the shots, and then she heard her brother-in-law screaming.
"He said, 'Help me, help me. Help my son,'" she said.
Norrani was shot dead. Parvaiz wounded in the arm and leg.
Their 3 year old son was covered in their blood, but unharmed.
Kashish Parvaiz, who remains in the hospital, told police that three men attacked them, but some in Noorani's family are now wondering if he had anything to do with this.
"That's the first thing. Whoever is next to her first. Not surprising, but I hope he's not involved, Kaleem Norani, the victim's brother, said.
Parvaiz's credibility is at issue here. He told his family he went to Columbia and was attending Harvard's PhD program, but neither school could immediately find a record of his attendance.
So far the prosecutor will not release any more information other than to say this murder was "target specific."
"This shooting clearly appears to be target-specific, and there is not a continuing danger to the public at large," Morris County prosecutor Robert Bianchi said.
But he gave no details, saying it would compromise the investigation.
Whatever the case may be, Nashish's family is desperately searching for answers - Who killed her and why?
Dozens left a healing ceremony at Saint John's Episcopal Church, where Nazish Noorani's father expressed his grief.
new jersey, boonton, crime, shooting, murder, new jersey news, phil lipof
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 40 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos