New Jersey News
NJ gas prices down 4 cents
Trenton, NJ -- Motorists are seeing slightly lower prices at the pumps in New Jersey.
AAA Mid-Atlantic says the average price of regular gasoline in New Jersey on Friday was $3.53, down 4 cents from last week. But that's still much higher than it was a year ago, when motorists were paying $2.50.
Meanwhile, the national average price fell 5 cents to $3.61. That's also much higher than the national average from a year ago, which was $2.73.
Analysts say the falling prices are mostly due to the restoration of U.S. oil and natural gas production and refining capacities in the Gulf of Mexico following several weeks of tropical storm activity.
new jersey, gas prices, new jersey news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 45 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 6 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 14 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 16 min ago