New Jersey News
Arrest warrants issued in casino carjacking murder
ATLANTIC CITY (WABC) -- Police have issued arrest warrants for three men in a double shooting at a casino parking lot.
The suspects' identified as Eric Darden, Raheem Simmons, and Phillip Byrd.
Both were shot by the carjackers in an alley not far from the casino.
Atlantic County Prosecutor Theodore Housel said Monday the victims, whom he described as friends, had just left the casino around 8 a.m. when they were accosted by the suspects before they could enter their vehicle. They were robbed of a small amount of cash and forced at gunpoint to drive out of the casino garage and to a nearby alley, where both were shot.
Atlantic City Police received two 911 calls at 8:26 a.m. and 8:27 a.m. reporting gunshots. They found Ghetia being treated by an off-duty firefighter in the alley, suffering from a gunshot wound that went through her upper body and exited. Rattu was found dead in the backseat of the vehicle.
The killing marked the second time since May 2010 that a fatal carjacking began in the Taj Mahal garage. Martin Caballero, 47, of North Bergen, was carjacked last year and later found stabbed to death. Craig Arno, 45, of Atlantic City, and Jessica Kisby, 25, of Egg Harbor Township, are awaiting trial in that case.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit at 609-909-7899 or the Atlantic City Police Department Detective Bureau at 609-347-5766.
new jersey, atlantic city, carjacking, new jersey news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park