New Jersey News
1 arrest made in casino carjacking murder; 2 at large
ATLANTIC CITY -- Police have arrested one of the suspects accused in a deadly carjacking at an Atlantic City casino parking lot that left a man dead.
He was ordered held on $1 million bail.
The prosecutor also says a stolen car that was connected to Byrd and two other suspects was found abandoned in another part of Camden.
Authorities claim Byrd, Eric Darden and Raheem Simmons stalked potential victims at two casinos before targeting 28-year-old Sunil Rattu and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia at the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort garage on Sunday morning.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia is recovering from a gunshot wound.
The other suspects remain at large.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit at 609-909-7899 or the Atlantic City Police Department Detective Bureau at 609-347-5766.
new jersey, atlantic city, carjacking, new jersey news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 1 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC 3 min ago
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
51 min ago
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat...
3 min ago