New Jersey News
1 arrest made in casino carjacking murder; 2 at large
ATLANTIC CITY -- Police have arrested one of the suspects accused in a deadly carjacking at an Atlantic City casino parking lot that left a man dead.
He was ordered held on $1 million bail.
The prosecutor also says a stolen car that was connected to Byrd and two other suspects was found abandoned in another part of Camden.
Authorities claim Byrd, Eric Darden and Raheem Simmons stalked potential victims at two casinos before targeting 28-year-old Sunil Rattu and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia at the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort garage on Sunday morning.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia is recovering from a gunshot wound.
The other suspects remain at large.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit at 609-909-7899 or the Atlantic City Police Department Detective Bureau at 609-347-5766.
new jersey, atlantic city, carjacking, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor 30 min ago
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- Pope Francis celebrates Easter with prayers for peace
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos