New Jersey News
2nd arrest made in casino carjacking murder
ATLANTIC CITY -- A second suspect in the deadly carjacking and murder of a man that started at the Taj Mahal, has been arrested.
Atlantic County Prosecutor says 20-year-old Eric Darden turned himself in earlier Thursday.
Darden surrendered to authorities at the Haddon Heights Police Department in the presence of his attorney. Members of the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit will be transporting Darden to Atlantic County.
Another suspect, Phillip Byrd was taken into custody Monday night.
Authorities claim Byrd, Eric Darden and Raheem Simmons stalked potential victims at two casinos before targeting 28-year-old Sunil Rattu and 24-year-old Radha Ghetia at the Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort garage on Sunday morning.
Rattu died from two gunshot wounds to the head. Ghetia is recovering from a gunshot wound.
Authorities are asking anyone with information about the incident to contact the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit at 609-909-7899 or the Atlantic City Police Department Detective Bureau at 609-347-5766.
new jersey, atlantic city, carjacking, new jersey news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey