New Jersey News
Teen struck by school bus in New Jersey
WEST MILFORD (WABC) -- A school bus struck and injured a 15-year-old boy in West Milford, New Jersey Friday morning.
The victim, a sophomore at West Milford High School, was listed in stable condition at Morristown Memorial Hospital following the accident on Macopin Road in West Milford just after 7 a.m. The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time.
The driver of the bus was taken to Chilton Hospital in unknown condition.
A medivac helicopter was unable to respond because of the ground fog, and an ambulance responding to the scene collided with another vehicle. No one was injured in the second accident.
The bus was reportedly full of students at the time. They were evaluated at the scene and returned to school.
The school district will have counselors available at the school on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. if any students wish to talk.
new jersey, bus accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall