New Jersey News
911 tapes released in murder of mom in NJ
BOONTON (WABC) -- Police in New Jersey have released 911 calls from the night they say a man arranged to have his wife murdered, staging a fake bias attack as a cover for the shooting.
Now, with tears in his eyes, Nazish Noorani's father takes the slow painful walk past the spot where his daughter was gunned down. It happened just feet from where he lives and serves as a constant reminder of the evil and brutal way she was murdered.
And now, police have released the 911 call Parvaiz made after the shooting.
Just a minute after leaving her sister's house for the walk, the 27-year-old Noorani was shot several times. Parvaiz, who was also shot, was able to make it across the street, where he fell. He then picked up his phone and called 911.
Parvaiz: "Hello...hello...hello...help, can someone hear me?"
Operator: "911 what is your emergency?"
Parvaiz: "I just got shot in my leg, just got shot, I'm bleeding. Can you send an ambulance, I just got shot in the leg."
Noorani, his wife of six years as part of an arranged marriage, lay nearby, dying. Their 3-year-old son, in a stroller, was unharmed, though he was reportedly splattered with blood.
Other 911 calls were made that night, including one from a woman nearby.
Operator: "911 where is your emergency?"
Caller: "Um, I was on William Street in Boonton, and I don't know if I'm going crazy or if it was firecrackers, or I swear I hear somebody yelling outside for help."
Noorani's father still can't talk about his loss. Her sister Lubna hasn't heard the call, but doesn't need to. She heard the screams that night, the night investigators say Antoinette Stephen fired the fatal shot.
They still don't know what to think about Parvaiz's involvement, but the couple's two children have been with his parents since the night their mother was murdered.
Now, the Nooranis are ready to fight for custody. They said the battle adds insult to injury, but it is something they believe they must do.
Stephen and Parvaiz, both 26, face charges of murder, conspiracy and weapons offenses.
boonton murder, new jersey, boonton, crime, shooting, murder, antoinette stephen, kashif parvaiz, nazish noorani, new jersey news, phil lipof
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 23 min ago
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 34 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 48 min ago